Occupational Therapy

What occupational therapy can my child with CDG receive?

An NHS Occupational Therapist (OT) in the UK can help CDG patients by better enabling them to carry out everyday activities related to health and well-being. A referral to an Occupational Therapist can be made by a GP, nurse, other health professional or social care professional.

If you would like to find out more about what occupational therapy involves please click on the NHS link here

CDG families have been assisted with on loan equipment from OT, with items such as bath seats, hoists, home improvements, seating and much more. The NHS occupational therapy is free.

Private occupational therapy in the UK is available too. Make sure that your OT is fully qualified and a member of a recognised body, such as the British Association of Occupational Therapists (BAOT). 

Have a question?

%d bloggers like this: